There is a thread on the MultiTool.org forums about black Swiss Army knives, with lots of great pictures. I happen to like black cellidor scales a lot. In fact, it’s one of my favorite scale colors, along with green and any kind of colored alox.
Here are some of my black Victorinox SAKs. I have some more, including a black Compact (awesome EDC knife!), more Classics and a black SwissCard:
A little info on the knives in the picture:
- The knife on the left is a black Sentinel from the 111mm liner lock range. It’s the non-one hand opening version and only has one large blade;
- A black alox Classic SD. The Classics are the most common Swiss Army Knives out there, but the alox scales make it a little bit more special. It does not have the tweezers and toothpick;
- A soft touch Climber RT. This is a regular Climber but with soft touch scales. It also features a laser etched “Your companion for life on the road” logo on the large blade. This knife was part of the 2010 Victorinox On the Road tour;
- Top center: a nice onyx Voyager. The Voyager is basically a Climber with an electronic timepiece and alarm in the front scales. It also has a nailfile on the multi purpose hook. The back scale contains a small pair of tweezers since there is no place for the tweezers in the front scale. The scales are of a different material, it feels more like translucent nylon than cellidor;
- In the center of the picture there is a Michel Jordi Spartan. It has a gold plated corkscrew and keyring, the famous Michel Jordi cow logo on the blade, a flower print on the front scales (not shown) and a gold-colored insert on the back scales;
- Below the Jordi is a 2010 Victorinox Pioneer Damascus. It’s a regular Pioneer model, but with a Damascus steel blade. The edging on the blade makes it a very pretty knife. It’s limited to only 2010 knives worldwide and comes with a certificate of authenticy;
- In the upper right corner is a regular black alox Pioneer. Like the Damascus knife but with the normal stainless steel blade. I really like the 93mm (alox) series, including the Soldier model. The blade is a bit thicker than the blade on 91mm models and the knives have a “sturdy” feel;
- Between the Pioneers there is a SwissChamp. For a lot of people, the Victorinox SwissChamp is the Swiss Army Knife. It has a ton of tools in a relatively small package. It’s an all time favorite;
- In the bottom right corner there is another Classic SD. This one is from the National Flag series and has the Canadian flag on the front scales. I bought this nice little knife on our honeymoon in Canada, july 2009 ;)
I will get into more detail on some of these Victorinox knives soon :)
2 thoughts on “Black Victorinox SAKs”
Hi I Like your post and was wondering if you new were I could get hold of a Black Alox model swiss army knife from Ive searched the web and just cant seem to find the black alox models on there any ideas.
Black alox is pretty hard to find, at least in The Netherlands. I believe the black alox Pioneer has been for sale in the US for a while but I don’t know if those are still available. They pop up on eBay once in a while (that’s where I found mine). The Damascus Pioneer (limited edition, officially sold out) can be found on eBay as well but those are rather expensive.
Comments are closed.